Friday, June 3, 2011

Why Start a New Blog?

It's amazing that I've gotten to this first post, as it has taken me nearly 2 hours just to set up the design and format of this new blog!  There is still so much more I want to do, but I figured I better get in a post, which is the whole purpose of a blog in the first place.  I will come back later (hopefully) to work some more with adding the things I want to add on the sidebars, more links, etc.  The other night I found one of my old journals.  I haven't written in a journal since before I had kids, and my oldest is now 7.  Somehow with the art of technology, I lost the art of writing.  I thought about taking it up again, but then after an hour of journaling the "old fashioned" way with pen and paper, my hand really hurt!  I decided I would try using the technology to my advantage and blog.  I have another blog I keep as a history for my family - special events we do, pictures, memories.  But I am starting this blog to journal my journey to a deeper dependence and trust in Jesus, my Lord and Savior.  I hope to share what's on my heart, "pour out your hearts to him" (Psalm 62:8).  It may not always be easy and it may not always be joyful.  But God is there for me and for everyone to depend on no matter what situation they are going through.  I happened to flip through a new devotional book I received for my birthday recently, "Jesus Calling - Enjoying Peace in His Presence" by Sarah Young, and found the perfect entry detailing my purpose in starting this new blog.  I will share this entry in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment